Payroll Calender

Important dates for payroll, including pay dates, deadlines for employees time entry are available in list format here. The complete payroll calendar for 2022 is also available to download in PDF format.

Your Pay

Everything you need to know about how and when you get paid, including how to understand your pay statement and other pay-related information.

When will I get Paid?

All employees at Transource will be paid semi-monthly. Pay for the period of 1st to 15th of the month will be paid on the last day of the same month & pay for the period of 16th to the last day of the month will be paid on the 15th of the next month.

What should I do if i have not received my pay?

Do we have your banking information? Transource preferred method of payment is direct deposit, which promotes timely payments, compliance requirements, cost reduction, and environmental awareness.

If you have not entered your banking information on your employment information form or have not provided a copy of the void cheque, likely a cheque has been mailed to your address on file. If you don’t receive a cheque within 3 weeks from the date you expect a payment, please contact Payroll.

Why might my net pay be lower at the beginning of the year?

Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Employment Insurance (EI) deductions have yearly maximum contribution amounts. Once these limits are reached during the calendar year, the deductions stop for the rest of the calendar year.

Contributions to CPP and EI will commence again in January of each year which will reduce net pay. CPP and EI deduction rates are set nationally by the Canada Revenue Agency (for CPP) and the Canada Employment Insurance Commission (for EI).

Do I need to submit a new td1, personal tax credit return form?

All employment income is subject to an income tax deduction, which is deducted from your earnings. How much income tax is deducted from your pay is dependent on your personal situation. Based on your personal situation, there are tax exemptions that you can claim to reduce your income tax deduction amount immediately at the source, or you may choose to wait to claim tax exemptions when you file your personal tax return each year.

  • For employees who claimed amounts other than the Basic Personal Amount (BPA) Credit on the TD1 and TD1BC/TD1AB Form during the tax year — please update your tax elections in January each year.

​Employees should consider completing a new form each year if they:

  • are a higher earner and claim a lower BPA value
  • are entitled to other credits (e.g., spouse or common-law partner)
  • had claimed exemption from tax in the previous year and this no longer applies
  • had requested additional voluntary income tax deductions and wish to change this amount

Please note that an employee should submit a new TD1 form at any time during the tax year if there is a change to their situation. Incorrect TD1 exemptions may lead to the inaccurate calculation and remittance of federal and provincial/territorial income tax deductions.

  • For employees who wish to claim tax credit amounts other than the Basic amount — please complete a new electronic TD1 form and submit it to Payroll.
  • For employees who claim only the Basic Personal Tax Credit — you do not need to complete a new TD1 every year. If a change occurs with tax implications, please complete a new electronic TD1 form and submit it to Payroll no later than seven days after the change.

who can help me with filling my income tax return?

We cannot offer tax advice. Please contact the Canada Revenue Agency if you require assistance filing your income tax return. For more information, visit the CRA website.

If you are a student, senior, person with a disability, a newcomer to Canada, or a low-income earner with a simple tax-filing situation, you can contact the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) at 1-800-959-8281 to ask for help. CVITP volunteers work with members of local community organizations who can help you complete and file your return.

Learn more about the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program.

Why should i update my primary address?

In anticipation of issuing the T4 Statement of Remuneration tax slips on or before February 28, Payroll would like to ensure that your address on file is correct. To ensure your address is updated in time, please update your primary address by January 31.

What is the record of employment?

A Record of Employment (ROE) is used by Service Canada to determine whether an individual qualifies for Employment Insurance benefits, the benefit rate, and the duration of the employee’s claim.

An ROE is produced when an employee:

  • Quits his/her job
  • Is laid off or terminated
  • Is on a Leave of Absence (eg. Maternity, Parental or Sick leave)
  • Has had within the last 52 weeks or since the last ROE, seven consecutive calendar days without work and insurable earnings from the employer

If your employment has been terminated and you plan to make a claim for Employment Insurance, Service Canada requires a record of your employment history and earnings. A record of employment is only issued to terminated employees with a minimum of a 7-day break between employments. No paper record is produced. Electronic submissions go directly to Service Canada.

If you require a Record of Employment, please contact Payroll.

How do i request a record of employment?

If you require a Record of Employment, please submit a request through email to Payroll.

All ROEs are submitted electronically to Service Canada. You can log into the Service Canada website to start your claim or print your own copy of the ROE.

How do i request a Letter of employment?

We will provide a standard letter of employment upon request. The signature on the letter will be electronic.

The letter will confirm the following information:

  • Name
  • Job title/position
  • Current salary/ hourly rate
  • Start date
  • End date (if applicable)

To request a verification of employment letter, submit a request to the Payroll.

Your Taxes

Get information about your taxes, including what is taxable, and how to access your tax slips.

Your tax Slips

We issue tax slips through email as PDFs that employees can download. They are identical to the printed form and are accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) when filing your taxes.

T4 Slips will be available on or before February 28 each year.

Former Employees – Download T4

Former employees may access online T4s from the Canada Revenue Agency website and set up access to online services through My CRA Account. CRA will provide copies of your T4 or T4A from previous years.

Your Tax Deductions

  • Income Tax Deductions: Payroll deducts taxes from your pay-cheques according to rules, legislation and computer formulas provided by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
  • Canada Pension Plan and Employment Insurance Deductions: Both employees and employers contribute to the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and to Employment Insurance (EI) on employment earnings. Your portion is deducted directly from your pay-cheque. Transource pays the employer portions.
    • These deductions are mandatory on employment earnings, regardless of your citizenship.
    • CPP and EI have maximum annual premiums. Once those thresholds are reached, no deductions are made for the remainder of the year. If your earnings are high enough for this threshold, you will see CPP and EI begin deducting again each January, until the threshold is reached again.
  • Exemption to CPP: If you are already collecting your CPP, you can stop your CPP deductions by giving the Payroll office a copy of your letter of acceptance from Service Canada.
  • Rules for Tax Deduction & Exemptions
    • See how to claim employment expense tax deductions.
    • See how to claim meals & lodging expenses.
  • Taxable Benefits
    • Many things we pay on behalf of employees are taxable benefits, which means that the dollar value of what we pay is considered taxable income.
    • See a list of taxable benefits.

Your Benefits

Please visit the following website to learn more about benefits coverage.

  • Information on benefit plans, eligibility, and coverage is available on the HR Benefits website.

Past Period Adjustments

A past period payroll adjustment is required each time an employee submits or updates the timesheet retroactively. Payroll is currently manually entering PPAs to the correct period.

Contact Payroll

If you need to ask questions regarding payroll matters, such as your pay or deductions, please email Payroll.

When emailing Payroll, please include your 5-digit pay ID, employee name and a detailed description of your issue including the pay period if applicable.

Questions relating to Payroll should be directed to